Its Been a While...

 


It's been a while since my family has been able to go on an adventure. We've been fighting colds and allergies and haven't had the strength to leave the house. Even home games seem exhausting.

This weekend we managed to picnic in the park and then go out for lunch on Memorial Day. It was nice to get out of the house for a while. It was feeling a little small...

Sunday

The weather on Sunday didn't seem to be on our side, but we were determined to get out of the house and let the boys run for a bit, although running really wouldn't describe a few of my monsters. The good news is, the weather kept a lot of people from the park, so we were able to obtain a picnic table easily. 

Eldest son curled up in his chair and stared at his phone while eating an entire bag of Baby Bell cheese. I didn't even know he liked Baby Bells. Win!!! Middle son crept around like a weirdo, but enjoyed himself while doing it, and youngest hid behind a tree and played the Nintendo Switch for a while. Of course, they all came to the table to hang out when cookies were introduced. 

We were eventually rained out, but we spent about an hour in the fresh air.

Monday

With the weather still not on our side, we decided to take the boys for an early lunch at McMenamins Oregon City. We have been to all different kinds of McMenamins over the years, but the boys have never been to the one closest to our home... Surprisingly... 

You know its going to be a day when middle son only orders potato products. French fries and tater tots... If I ate like that child I would be super angry all the time. Carbs, carbs, carbs.

The rest of the weekend went well. I've been doing some exercises to help strengthen my back since its been super messed up since I was a teen. My husband has deemed these exercises "Less aggressive burpees," although I don't hate them as much. And middle boy celebrated his 12th birthday this week. 

I guess it wasn't the most exciting weekend, but it was better than sitting at home.












Comments