A Strange Mother's Day

 


In the grand scheme of things, my Mother's Day was wonderful. We had a few snafus'. The dog escaped and played chicken with cars on the busy street nearby. Middle son was on a weird sleep schedule and frankly, no one felt 100% well, but I can't complain.

The younger two had one fight, just one and it was a weird one. Youngest came to me with a smile on his face and told me that Middle son hit him. I asked Middle son if he was have trouble with his hands and he said yes. I asked him to stay away from Youngest and he said ok... Why can't they all be that easy?

Our adventure with weekend was split into two parts. The movie on Saturday for Husband's birthday and then a dinner outing for Mother's Day.

The Movie

Took the boys to see Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness. If you want to know more about the movie, make sure you check out my post on my review blog, Book Confessions of an ExBallerina.

I was actually shocked at how excited some of the boys were. Oldest didn't want to be there, but he had his phone and wore headphones the entire time so he could keep himself busy. I did look over and see him watching every once and a while and laughing at some of the more obscure Spiderman references. He was listening, I know he was.

Middle and Youngest watched with intent. Middle was able to sit in his seat without getting up, although I did see him scooting all over the place trying his hardest to sit still. Poor guy. There was a reason we sat on the end of the isle in the back.

Mother's Day Dinner

Since it was my day, I decided to pick something we could all enjoy. We took the family to Corner 14, and if you don't know what that is, hit up my adventure page for more details.

We had a few drinks and ate some good food. Breakfast for dinner was my pick, while Husband got sushi and the boys all decided on chicken strips and fries. 

We had a relaxing weekend as a family. Smiles all around. Can't wait for next weeks adventure.





Comments