Mike's Drive-In

 


Sometimes you just get a hankering for a good delicious local burger. Although my family has been to this joint many times, we still love going there. 

This time was a little different though. Youngest son told me that morning that he had never had a root beer float, and really wanted to try one. You have no idea how epic this request is. As a child with autism, he's reluctant to try new things, so the fact that he even asked to do so, how could I turn him down?

After the boys stuffed themselves with some of the best chicken tenders in town, we ordered youngest his root beer float, middle and oldest got ice cream cones, husband got some fancy caramel soft serve and I ordered my favorite marshmallow milk shake. Youngest took one look at his root beer float, and decided it was a bad idea. We replaced it with a cone like his brothers had and finished enjoying the sunshine.

Although youngest didn't actually try the float, he still asked for it, so I will take that as a win.





After lunch, middle son thought I should take a break from housework, and messed up all of my Rubik's cubes. Knowing me, I couldn't leave them unfinished. It would drive me nuts. So I, of course, completed all of them.


It has been another wonderful day full of adventures. I can't wait until our next one. 

Comments