Voodoo

 

With each passing week, the excitement around our adventures grows. No matter how seemingly small the adventure is, they wish to leave the house, they wish to see more of the world. I cannot ask for more.

I knocked on each boys door and asked them if they wanted to go on an adventure, and each returned a smile and an excited yes. They didn't even know where we were going, but the thought of doing something new excited them. Although it was a new place, the routine is the same, so the boys could pull from the familiarity. Even the autistic mind could find peace in that.

We've had Voodoo Donuts before, but the boys never had the joy of going to the donut shop and picking which donut they wanted from the wonderful creations they displayed. 

Of course, they day was full of more than just donuts. The husband and I had a wedding to attend over an hour away on Mount Hood. I felt extremely over dressed as we wandered through the lodge looking for the event. Everyone we passed was bundled up in their snow attire and I had on a thin pair of silky joggers, a silk shirt, booties and a sweater. It was not warm, that's for sure.

We got to watch the sun set behind the crest of the mountain as we ate a delicious dinner. To me, it was more like a evening out with friends, except for the extremely loud music from the DJ stand. 

We had a wonderful day, even though by the end of it I was so overwhelmed I couldn't think straight and nearly passed out on the hour ride home.










Comments