Its German Time

 


Our adventure last week was our largest one this year so far. We drove about 40 minutes south to Mount Angel Oregon for Volksfest. A German folk fest with food, music and cars. My older brother suggested this to me.

My oldest son the day before immerged from his cave, which if you know my oldest, you know he doesn't socialize often. He asked me if we would be going on an adventure this week and let him know where we were going. We talked about how it would probably be loud with lots of people, but we would have his headphones. He was excited.

The day of our adventure, middle son was excited, even though he had just woken up, but youngest son didn't want to go. He really had no choice since we would be almost an hour away and he's still too young to stay home by himself for more than a few minutes at a time.
Once we arrived at Volksfest, we took the lay of the land and b-lined toward the kids area where a clown was making balloon animals.


Oldest son asked for a cyan turtle. The clown was perplexed and asked that he pointed out what color cyan was. This would not be the first time oldest has talked about cyan and something I love about him.

Middle son asked for a sword and before he was allowed to take possession of the sword, he first had to be knighted. Ronan knelt, the clown asked him if he was going to be a good child and he would always do what he was told, then she gave him his sword.

Youngest asked for a cat in red, his favorite color.

Of course, my husband and I were there for the food and drink, and of course we came home with some Whiskey, but the food we had there was delicious. The bratwurst, to die for. The pretzels were delicious, and the boys loved their treats we picked up before we left.

When we were leaving the fest, middle son blurts out, "I had a lot of fun." And youngest followed suite. Oldest gave me a shrug, but that to me means he had fun, but wouldn't admit it.












Comments