My Little Happy Lemons

 

On our road to living life more and helping our kids to deal with the chaos in the world, we took a trip to Tualatin, OR, about 20 minutes from our home for a refreshing treat.

Happy Lemon is a bubble tea hotspot in Bridgeport Village and when I say hotspot, I mean hotspot. We showed up around 11am on super bowl Sunday thinking the crowds would be less, since our children don't take well to people. There was a steady stream of people from the minute we walked in the door.

I haven't ever had bubble tea, since the whole aspect of having strange little balls of tapioca floating around in my drink was supper off to me, but if I'm asking my children to step outside of their comfort zone, then I need to be willing to do the same.

It was just as weird as I thought it would be.

The tea was delicious, but I couldn't deal with chewing my drink. Not my cup of tea, lol.

What really made the trip wonderful though, was the bubble waffles. The boys were excited to try them, which is a huge step forward. Usually new things scare them, even when its something they have had before and its just in a different form. Welcome to autism.

Those boys devoured those waffles like there is no tomorrow. Middle son even woke up fully from his deep sleep to have a waffle. He's not much of a morning person... Or an afternoon or evening person really...

I wished I would have been able to take more photos, but paparazzi is not on my resume and my children will hide if I point the camera toward them, but please enjoy the photos I did take. 






Comments