Corner 14

 

We've been stuck in the house way too long. I think a lot of people can relate to this. As part of my new years resolution, I wanted to start taking my totally introverted kids out into the world again. Mainly for all our mental health, but for them to experience the wonderful world around them and the amazing things the PNW has to offer.

Nearly a year ago, Corner 14 finally opened its doors and it has taken me that long to leave my house and check it out. I know, I'm totally a home body, but progress needs to be made and so we ventured out into the world.

I had done my research, knowing there would be food for all my picky eaters, but since it was Sunday, and I wanted to beat the church crowds, we showed up too early for the pizza van and the burger truck to be open. My whole plan was centered around the pizza and chicken tenders. Two of my children chose the starve option, instead of settling for a grilled cheese and fries like my middle boy, but with the gloriously sunny weather in January and the propane fire at our table, we stuck around until everyone had something delicious to eat.

The Food

The husband went straight for Shawarma Express, feeling the need to full fill his deep seeded need for the spicy and juicy meats of the Arabic culture. He was wonderfully happy the entire trip. I did try the beef kabab and it was lip smacking delicious.

Oldest son is a huge pizza fan and waited almost an hour for Prometheus Pizza to open. Lets just say, he went from a full blown autism shutdown to happy as a clam in minutes. 
Middle son was my most flexible child and when faced with an hour wait for pizza went straight for the grilled cheese with bacon at Walter French's. This is huge, as middle son has never had bacon on his grilled cheese, even though he is my only child to eat bacon. I'm proud of him trying new things in a new setting. 

Youngest son settled for fries from Shawarma Express which were crispy and fresh out of the fryer. Daddy made a little ketchup plate for him and he settled into a rhythm of fries and giggles. 

Since I am trying to stick to my gluten free diet, I went straight for The Freckled Peach and ordered a Breakfast Bowl. It happened to be the most flavorful breakfast I have ever tasted. I think it was the onion in the Pico de Gallo. Yes, I ate tomato's and avocado. For those who know me, know this is huge. 

The Drinks

Of course, we can't go anywhere that serves adult drinks without trying something. Gave husband free rein to bring me something delicious and I had a wonderfully dry cider that was a bit on the tart side. Don't ask me what husband had, as I can't remember. 

Final Thoughts

We had a lot of fun and managed to stay outside for an hour and a half. This was a great first trip out in 2022 and the boys did an amazing job for all their struggles. Autism has nothing on us.









Comments